Friday 25 February 2011

Final Evaluation

I have to make some changes to my CNC'd MDF layers.

The MDF was a bit too heavy at the back end and the speaker didn't look that dynamic so to add a bit more weight at the front of the 'tyre', I drilled out some additional holes and added some steel weights which I manufactured on a centre lathe. I think this addition helped the speaker look more interesting and added an element of motion.

I thought about adding LED's within the light capturing layers so that it would glow when turned on, but after testing discovered that the glow effect was minimal. I should have used bulbs instead which would have given off more light and been more effective.

I spec'd the magnets from an online catalogue and factored their size into my design btu unfortunately they were out of stock when I went to buy them. I had to buy slightly oversized magnets which didn't fit properly and the fix was so time-consuming I didn't use them in the end. Fortunately the covers were suitably sized and fitted snugly within their enclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment